Effective Date: January 03, 2022
- Personal Information We Collect
- Use of Information
- Sharing of Information
- Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions
- Third-Party Services and Social Features
- Analytics Services, Advertising, and Online Tracking
- Your Choices
- Children’s Privacy
- Data Security
- Visitors from Outside the United States
- Contact Us
1. Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide to us via the Service. The information we collect may include “Personal Information,” which is information that identifies you individually, such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address.
For example, we collect information when you register for an account, check out as a guest, purchase products, subscribe to our emails, complete a survey, participate in an online promotion, apply for a job, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate or transact with us through the Service.
Information We Collect Automatically
The methods that we and our Service Providers may use to collect Usage Information include:
- Log Information: We may collect information about your use of the Service, such as IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data, and store it in log files.
- Web Beacons (Tracking Pixels): Web beacons are small graphic images, also known as Internet tags or clear gifs, embedded in web pages and email messages. Web beacons may be used to count the number of visitors to the Service, to monitor how users navigate the Service, and to count content views.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the Service. It is temporarily downloaded onto your computer from our web server or a third party with whom we work, is active only while you are connected to the Service, and deleted or deactivated thereafter.
- Device Recognition Technologies: Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets as well as linking a common unique identifier to different device use (for example, Facebook ID), which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (for example, that a user of multiple devices is the same user or household).
Tracking Technologies and your choices regarding them are explained in “Analytics Services, Advertising, and Online Tracking” at Section 7 and “Your Choices” at Section 8 below, so that your consent to encountering them is meaningfully informed.
Information from Other Sources
2. Use of Information
Product and Service Fulfillment
Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, and returns/exchanges
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services
- Connect with you regarding customer service
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, digital receipts, emails, mobile messages, and social media notifications
- Provide interactive features of the Service, such as product reviews, marketing communications, and other information regarding products, services, and promotions
- Administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups
- Send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding our and third-party products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events we think you may be interested in (for information about how to manage these communications, see “Your Choices” at Section 8)
- Improve the effectiveness of our Service, stores, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed or as described elsewhere in this policy
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages
- Register and service your account
- Facilitate and personalize your online experience
- Process employment applications
Legal Compliance and Fraud Prevention
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and otherwise protect our guests and our business (for example, product recalls)
- Assist law enforcement or respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
3. Sharing of Information
- To comply with the law, law enforcement, other legal process, or in response to a government request
- With our payment processor(s) to complete your purchases and process payments, including certain stored tokenized payment card information for future transactions
- To protect rights, property, life, health, security, and safety
- In connection with any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale, or any other type of acquisition or other transaction, including a transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company
- With our affiliates for internal business purposes
- With our affiliates, business partners, and other third parties for their own business purposes, including direct marketing purposes
- With your consent or at your direction
Please note that we and third parties may convert your Personal Information to non-Personal Information, including through hashing it or substituting a unique identifier for the Personal Information, and we and third parties may use and share that data as permitted by applicable law, including to match data attributes to and from other sources. Any such third-party activities are subject to their privacy policies and practices.
4. Sweepstakes, Contests, and Promotions
We may offer sweepstakes, contests, surveys, and other promotions (each, a “Promotion”), including jointly-sponsored Promotions, that may require submitting Personal Information. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties, such as for administrative purposes and as required by law (for example, on a winners list). In addition, by entering, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow us, the sponsor(s), and/or other third parties to use your name, voice, and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
Additionally, the Service offers you the option to send a communication to a friend. By submitting a friend’s information, you represent that the individual has given you permission to do so. The friend’s Personal Information you provide will be used to facilitate the communication, and your name, contact information, and message may be included in the communication.
6. Third-Party Services and Social Features
The Service may include hyperlinks to websites, locations, platforms, applications, or other services operated by third parties (“Third-Party Service(s)”). These Third-Party Services may use their own cookies, web beacons, embedded scripts, and other Tracking Technologies to collect information about you and may solicit Personal Information from you.
Certain functionalities on the Service permit interactions that you initiate between the Service and certain Third-Party Services, such as third-party social networks (“Social Features”). Examples of Social Features include enabling you to send content such as contacts and photos between the Service and a Third-Party Service, “liking” or “sharing” our content, or logging in to the Service using your Third-Party Service account (for example, your Facebook account). If you use Social Features, and potentially other Third-Party Services, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on the Service or by the Third-Party Service you use.
7. Analytics Services, Advertising, and Online Tracking
We may engage and work with third parties to serve advertisements on our behalf on the Service or on Third-Party Services and to provide analytics services about the use of the Service and the performance of our ads and content on Third-Party Services. In addition, we may participate in online advertising networks and exchanges that display relevant advertisements to the Service visitors on the Service, on Third-Party Services, and elsewhere based on their interests as reflected in their browsing of the Service, certain third-party websites, and other locations. These entities may use Tracking Technologies to collect information about you and your activities automatically, such as registering a unique identifier for your device and tying that to your online activities on and off of the Service. We may use this information to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on the Service and Third-Party Services, and better understand your online activity.
Some information about your use of the Service, certain third-party websites, and other locations may be collected using Tracking Technologies across time and services and used by DollarPlus Discount Center and other parties for purposes such as associating different devices you use and delivering relevant and retargeted ads (“Interest-Based Ads”) to you on the Service or on other websites.
Your browser settings may allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal automatically to online services you visit. Note there is not yet an industry consensus as to what website operators should do about these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
8. Your Choices
Accessing and Changing Information
You may correct and update Personal Information you have submitted to us by contacting us at email@example.com. We will make a good faith effort to make the changes in DollarPlus Discount Center’s then-active databases as soon as practicable. We will retain Personal Information as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the Personal Information is retained or as required or permitted by applicable law.
Disabling Tracking Technologies
Commercial browser settings may allow you to disable, remove, or in some instances block certain cookies. Browsers offer different functionalities and options, so you may need to set them separately. Please be aware that if you disable or remove these technologies some parts of the Service may not work, and when you revisit the Service your ability to limit browser-based Tracking Technologies is subject to your browser settings and limitations at that time.
Some third parties may also offer you choices regarding their Tracking Technologies. DollarPlus Discount Center is not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of third-party choice notices or mechanisms.
Analytics Services and Interest-Based Ads
DollarPlus Discount Center may use Google Analytics or other Service Providers for analytics services. We have also implemented Google Analytics Advertising Features such as advertising reporting and personalization. We and our Service Providers may use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers as well as third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to analyze how our visitors use our site to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organize and present product offerings in our storefront. We leverage these services to obtain aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction, to identify trends and obtain statistics so that we can improve our site.
For more information on how Google Analytics uses data collected through the Service, visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout or download the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
Advertising cookies collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you. You may choose whether to receive certain Interest-Based Ads by submitting opt-outs. Some of the Service Providers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about how you can exercise certain choices regarding Interest-Based Ads, visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices. Some of these companies may also be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI). To learn more about the NAI and opt-out options for their members, see http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices. Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain types of Interest-Based Ads, you may continue to receive other types of Interest-Based Ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain Interest-Based Ads to you but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (for example, from other ad networks). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit these opt-out webpages, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different device or web browser, or use a non-browser-based method of access (for example, our App), your browser-based opt-out may not, or may no longer, be effective. We support the ad industry’s 2009 Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, but we are not a member of the DAA or NAI and are not responsible for the effectiveness of, or compliance with, any third parties’ opt-out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs. Please also note that we do not control how third parties manage their opt-out processes.
To find out more about how third-party analytics services manage the privacy of information in conjunction with delivering Interest-Based Ads online and how to opt out of information collection by these networks, visit http://www.youradchoices.com and http://www.networkadvertising.org.
In addition, we may serve ads on Third-Party Services that are targeted to reach people on those services that are also identified in our databases (“Matched List Ads”). This is done by matching common factors between our databases and the databases of the Third-Party Services. For instance, we may use such ad services offered by Facebook, Twitter, and other Third-Party Services. We are not responsible for these Third-Party Services, including the security of their data. If we use Facebook to serve Matched List Ads on Facebook, you should be able to hover over the box in the right corner of the Facebook ad and see how to opt out with us. If you opt out from our Facebook Matched List Ads, we will remove the matching Personal Information from that list. If we use Twitter Matched Use Ads, you should be able to opt out through your account settings on Twitter. If you have multiple email addresses or other accounts, you may have to opt out separately for each one, and these changes will not take effect immediately. We are not responsible for the practices of these Third-Party Services or for their failure to comply with opt-out instructions or to provide us with notice of your opt-out elections, and they may change their options without notice to us or you.
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails or by sending an email to us here with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the email. Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or non-promotional communications, such as administrative and service announcements or information about your purchases.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act and California’s “Shine the Light” law, as stated in our California Consumer Privacy Notice.
9. Children’s Privacy
The Service is not directed to children, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have received Personal Information from a user under the age of 13, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law.
10. Data Security
We take reasonable measures to help protect your Personal Information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Service.
11. Visitors from Outside the United States
13. Contact Us